Registering for baby products can be a very daunting experience. With thousands of baby products how do you know which ones to pick? Even after we did a ton of research, and thought we knew what we wanted, it still was an over whelming task. Since the the boys birth, I have come to love, and personally could not live without some of our baby products. Everyone will have different preferences on what they like and don't like, but I wanted to share with you my list and why I love them.
In no particular order:
1. Fisher-Price Little Snugabunny Cradle Swing- This swing has been a life saver for us. When the boys first came home from the hospital they did not want to sleep in their cribs or the pack n' play. So we tried them in the swings and they love them! It has 3 different ways it can swing, plays music and other sounds, and also has a mobile that spins. The best part is that it plugs into the wall or can run off of batteries if there was a power outage.
2. Itzbeen Timer- An absolute must, especially if you have twins. It can be a real headache and very confusing trying to keep track of who ate when or how long ago a diaper was changed. This awesome little thing keeps track of it all. We accidentally left them at my parents house for a couple days and we were lost without them! I know its sad we couldn't keep track on paper, but we have been spoiled not having to keep track. The timers keep track of feedings, diaper changes, naps, and there is a miscellaneous button for anything else you might need to time.
3. Baby Bjorn- These are not only great when you don't want to mess with using the stroller, but also just using them when working around the house. There have been many days where one of the boys is fussy and wants to be constantly held. So I just strapped him in and did the work I wanted to do. Its definitely a great workout carrying your little guy around and picking up your house. They are easy to use and are quite comfortable.
4. Chicco Keyfit 30 Car Seat- We had debated between Chicco and Graco for our car seat. Chicco stood came out ahead for a couple reasons: It could accommodate a 4lb baby (just in case I delivered early), where Graco accommodated a 5lb baby. It had a little higher safety rating and they easily snap into car base and the Chicco double stroller.
5. Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water- I had no idea this existed until I received it at my baby shower and it has helped so much when the boys have an upset stomach or very bad gas. It works very quickly, has a pleasant taste (yes I did taste test it), and is all natural which is a definite plus.
6. Medela Freestyle Breast Pump- I was very fortunate to buy one from my sister in law. The double pump is amazing in saving time and it does a great job expressing milk. Since I bottle feed breast milk to to one of the boys, I needed a good pump to help keep up a good supply and I have not had any issue with this one. Plus you are able to move around with this pump because it has the portable motor that you can hook to yourself. It's on the pricier side for breast pumps, but it's worth it if you need to bottle feed and want to still feed your baby breast milk.
7. Angel Care Monitor- These monitors are definitely for the paranoid parent. The sensor pad rests underneath the crib mattress and monitors the baby's movement and breathing. It can detect if a baby stops breathing and alerts you. It truly is a great monitor for preventing SIDS. Although it does cost more than most traditional monitors, the piece of mind was worth the price tag. It has had some mixed reviews, but we have not had any issue with them and think they are great monitors.
8. Dr. Brown's Bottle Warmer- I currently use Medela bottles, but purchased this bottle warmer from a friend. It's a great product when you need a warm bottle very quickly. A hungry baby does not want to wait for a bottle to warm up and it can take it a little while if its sitting in hot water. The great thing about the warmer is that it evenly heats up the milk with steam and it fits most bottles.
9. Chicco Double Stroller- The Chicco double stroller was the only (that we know of) affordable double stroller that can accommodate 2 car seats at the same time. That was the biggest deciding factor for us in choosing the Chicco brand. Even though it is a little heavy (but what double stroller isn't), it is very easy to use and the car seats snap right into it.
10. Medela Hands Free Bra- I did not wait long after coming home from the hospital to get this amazing product. I was completely over having to hold onto the pumps so I made the small investment and got the hands free bra. It has definitely made my life easier and pumping a little less dreadful. It's easy to use and is machine washable.
Well there you have my top 10 must have items that have been so helpful for us these past couple months. I'm sure as the boys get older I will find new items that will be a life saver and a must have.